Monday, September 15, 2008

Check Out My New Article on the FEE Website!

My article on pluralism in education has been posted on FEE's website. Take a look if you get a chance!

Just a personal note: This was my first experience having one of my articles edited, in this case by Sheldon Richman, and it was really interesting to see the kinds of changes he made. You'll notice that my usual wishy-washy style is absent in the article: pretty much all of the "I think"s, "It seems to me"s and "perhaps"es have been removed. The result is, I think, more direct and to the point. But I think that some of the softness that I try to infuse into my writing is gone, with the result that I sound a little more like Bastiat than I'm used to. I don't think it's necessarily a bad thing, but it's certainly something I'll have to get used to!

No comments:

Philosophy Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory Libertarian Blogs Add to Technorati Favorites Back to the Drawing Board - Blogged
"Rational philosophy is on the march. It will f--- up all of your sh-- and leave you without any teeth."